#19: HOW TO SAY NO WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY
Welcome to 19th episode of Confidence Rockstar Podcast.
We all want to be good people, want others to accept us and like us. When growing up we heard that in order to be a good person, we need to say yes to requests and expectations of others. When they ask you to do something, you should or you must agree.
It’s all great, but when meeting the expectations of others, we find it difficult to focus on our own needs, then there’s a problem. We have no time to do what’s important to us, what matters to us and we become resentful towards others.
We want to say NO but how can we do so?
We may hurt or dissappoint others, right?
They may not like us any more, right?
They may say we’re selfish, right?
In this episode, I share with you 10 ways on how to say NO without feeling guilty, so you can take your power back and live your own life.
Here are some of the highlights of this episode:
- why we are programmed to say yes even if we don’t want to
- why is it so fiificult to say no without feeling remorse
- 10 ways on how to say now without feeling guilty
- #1 can you be a good person and still say no?
- #2 saying no to something means saying yes to something else
- #3 saying no doesn’t mean that the world will fall apart
- #4 love yourself enough to set boundaries
- #5 ask for time
- #6 have a policy
- #7 have a counteroffer
- #8 it’s impossible to please everyone
- #9 no is a complete sentence
- #10 stop apologising
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? I’m not, I would love you to do that. I’ll be sharing confidence golden nuggets and invite awesome guests for you, so you don’t want to miss an episode.
And if you enjoy the show, I would love you to leave me a review on iTunes. Reviews help people find my podcast. Just click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and leave a comment what you think about this show. Thank you very much.
And tell your friend about this Confidence Rockstar Podcast.
Links from the show:
Connect with the host Alex Grzybek:
FACEBOOK: Alex Grzybek
FACEBOOK GROUP: Confidence Rockstar
LINKEDIN: Alex Grzybek